Meanwhile Padri, who had been working diligently, had by now completed the electrical fittings at Meherazad by installing a generator. The electric inspector came on October 12th, (1949) tested the equipment and, finding it satisfactory, permitted its use. On that night of October 12th, for the first time, Meherazad was functioning with electric lights. But Baba, who had insisted that certain fittings be done in the first place, complained throughout the night about the irritating loud noise of the generator and, from the next day, the electricity was switched off.
Lord Meher, American ed., Bhau Kalchuri, Vol. 10, p. 3430.